Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time-travelling is not always fun by S. Lee (revised)

The following is an excerpt from my memory that I experienced 12 years ago. Now I am revealing this secret about time-traveling. 12 years ago, I somehow time-traveled back to 9 years (2001) and after a while I time-traveled to 12 years to the future (2022). I fortunately came back to 2010 and lived 12 years miserably knowing that no matter what I do, I will not achieve my dream as I witnessed my future in time-traveling. Now that I have certified that what I saw in time-travelling actually happened as I lived along, I can say that it was not a dream, rather it was a real time-traveling. I want my readers to be aware of time-travelling that it is not always fun.

November, 2001

As I woke up in the morning, I went to the bathroom, and then as I turned off the light and closed the door, I felt something was wrong. Then I opened the door again and turned the lights on and saw myself in the mirror. I looked younger and shorter. Then I heard my mom’s voice saying “You are late, come take breakfast!” I eventually realized that I had somehow time-traveled back to my youth in Korea. I ran toward the table and hugged my parents and asked “What happened?” my parents looked at me as If I was not awakened yet. I first felt happy to see my parents, and then I had a headache. I did not know what to do, and I knew that even if I told my parents that I had time-traveled back to 9 years ago, they would not believe me. So, my dad drove me to my elementary school, and I saw my friends, I was so happy and until I saw a sixth grader that I hated. He bullied me and tried to scare me, then I got up and punched him in the face, the guy fell down. I later realized that I broke his nose and I could use my adult strength even though I had am 8 year old body. I went back home and my parents seemed surprised, because a first grader beating a sixth grader is abnormal. To avoid any discussion, I went straight to my room and planned what to do. After 3 short hours, I decided that I will prevent the bad things that had happened around me especially the car accident that injured my parents. I also wrote many important information such as who would be the president and some lottery numbers I remembered, so that my parents would use them to get money.

I went to school the next day and realized that I became famous. My friends and all the students in all grades came to thank me for getting rid of such a trouble-maker; however, I realized that my best friends were afraid of me. Being a first grader was harder than it seemed to be. Later on, I prevented many bad events that I remembered by using adult strength; however the accidents occurred to other people. I soon felt guilty, but I could not stop, because I would rather see others suffering than seeing my family and friends suffer. I was soon recognized by the government and went to a genius academy. I learned that I was not the only one from the future. I saw one guy who constantly looked at me while I walked in, and he gave me a note that says his number and that he came from future. I hesitated for a moment, but I called him, and learned that there are more than 100 people who came from future. Then the guy told me that I have to stop using my adult strength and changing other’s fates, because if I keep changing the nature flow, I would die earlier. As I tried to stop my family car accident, I suddenly fell asleep.

November, 2022

As I woke up in the morning, I went to the bathroom, and then as I turned off the light and closed the door, I felt something was wrong. Then I opened the door again and turned the lights on and saw myself in the mirror. I looked much older and poor. I soon realized that I had time-traveled to future this time. I was somewhat disappointed, because I expected to see spaceships and other technologies that would fascinate me, yet the world became darker and I could not find any people. It was as if I was left alone in this big country, then I found a newspaper that explained why there is no one. The newspaper said that the technology became much complicated and further that humans could make live animals by their machines, however the as doctors try to make humans, a zombie virus spread out. Many people became zombies except rich people, who traveled to the Moon. I eventually realized that I am in a great danger, because I have to fight zombies. I knew that the zombies come out when the sun goes out or when there is no light, so I went to weapon stores and grabbed some weapons and went to Hudson River by a gigantic elevator that I have never seen before, then I prepared for the battle, I did not want to fight but I had to fight. I set my base camp with many lights on and hoped the zombies cannot reach because of the lights, but I was wrong, there were a thousand of zombies crawling from the river and the Bear Mountain. As one of the zombies was about to grab my face, I fell asleep

November, 2010

As I woke up in the morning, I went to the bathroom, and then as I turned off the light and closed the door, I felt something was wrong. Then I opened the door again and turned the lights on and saw myself in the mirror. I looked normal. I thought all the time-travelings were dreams. No, I wanted to think that they were dreams. I was soon scared because I did not know if they were all dreams or real time-travelling, and I soon felt miserable that the world will end 12 years later. However, I eventually forgot about the time-travelling and got back to a miserable cycle.

Guys, if you feel something is wrong, as you wake up in the morning to go to the bathroom, and as you turn off the light and close the bathroom door, just go back to sleep! Do not even bother looking in the mirror and pray to go back to the present, unless you are 100% sure that you will be successful and nothing bad will happen to you. It is better off not seeing your future, because your current life soon becomes miserable and worthless. It is as if you are in a game that you know you will lose, so you lose interest in your current life, unless you are the chosen hero.

Now, do you still want to time-travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment