Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Great Man's Plan - Robert Murphy


I wake up in a fog, I have no idea where I am or what I’m doing here. These clothes are strange, lacking any personality whatsoever. My head is throbbing and the pain is like nothing I’ve felt before. I have no idea what’s going on, but what I do know is that I have to find out what to do with myself. I find the light switch in this cold dark room and turn on the light.

The room is covered in capsules it seems with what appears to be people inside, all labeled with numbers on their clothing. This is so confusing, am I some kind of experiment? I need to get out of this place and find out where I am. I check my watch, but the hands are not moving. There appears to be no way out of this room besides this one strange looking door, like one I’ve never seen before.

A dim white glow emanated through the creases of the strange door, finally I can find out what is going on. As the glow became much brighter I got an eerie feeling of discontent. The door slid open and 3 large men approached in pure white attire that appeared to be out of a bad sci-fi movie. They motioned me forward, asking me to state my name and number. I complied and told them my name and number that had been printed on my suit.

They told me to come with them, but I was hesitant. I was taken through long winding hallways that were of nothing I have ever seen before; this place was of no ordinary place. It had an almost angelic and godlike feel to it, but that can’t be possible. I tried to remember the date, I believe it was January 1st, 2012 and I had attended a new year’s party the night before. Finally we had reached a door and behind the door was an enormous room with a man of great stature on the other end.

The man said, “James, you were in a terrible accident tonight, please do not panic I will explain”. I was in utter shock and awe, how could this be. The man proceeded to tell me I had been in an accident the night of January 1st, 2012 and had been put in a coma. He said it was not my time, saying that I was part of his plan. I was in complete dismay. Upon hearing this I freaked out and made a mad dash for the huge white door. It slammed shut with no other exits in site.

One of the guards came at me with a tazer, a very large one at that. I dodged, but ran into the other two guards. A sharp jolt of pain and electricity pulsated through my body. Everything was slowing down and I heard the voice of a man whisper softly, “Were losing him”. It was getting dark and images turned into dark shadows. I felt another jolt pulsate through my body and in one swift motion I awoke in a white room surrounded by doctors and nurses. “We got him, he’s alive”, said one of the doctors. Was I in heaven? Why did that man, or God, let me live? I must find out what my part in this “plan” is.

No comments:

Post a Comment