Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Never-Ending Struggle for the Stars- Brendan McCullagh

So many planets to pass by… Wait! What a marvel this is! I do believe I have discovered a planet that appears to have cities built all across the landscape. I am the first human ever to arrive at Andromeda, it is the most exhilarating feeling! Being the only person to arrive at our neighboring galaxy will definitely have my name remembered throughout history. Now with this newly discovered planet showing signs of life, I must investigate this wonder.

I will land in a more secluded part of the planet that would be considered the country side, on Earth. This is very strange; I am dropping at an extremely slow rate down onto the planet. Clearly the gravitational forces are lessened on this planet, probably because it is not very large in size. Touching ground in 3, 2, 1…Whoa. My ship has seemed to bounce back up several times before coming to a stop on the ground.

I am now going to exit the spaceship and explore these lands to see what information the natives have enclosed. Walking on this planet is of great ease, and even enjoyment because I bounce significantly with each step. I will head to the apparent city in search of living organisms. While walking I was being approached by a purple figure with one arm, three legs, five eyes, and seven mouths. I was stricken with great fear and curiosity; this menacing creature had stopped in front of me and spit on me! Of course I spit back at the creature and all seven of his mouths opened wide then closed, this must be how they smile. The arm from this organism attached to my back and we both bounced towards the city. I did not know why he was taking me to the city, but he seemed pushy to make me go.

While arriving at the city, I saw a multitude of creatures like this one, but also about half of them were orange instead of purple. This could be a connection to how humans have genders and they can tell themselves apart by color. As we went through an enlarged tube with several other creatures I could not help but notice that the buildings all were built on top of this gigantic tube. The buildings stretched all around the tube, seemingly defying gravity. They each had a hole in the bottom; I am curious how they get to the holes that are so high up. All of a sudden my tour guide creature propelled upward like a spring with myself holding on for my life. We entered the largest building around the tube.

I ascended stairs that exactly resembled the stairs we had on earth until we reached the 99th floor. I was exhausted and panting, while the creature had a perplexed look in his five eyes observing my struggle to gain my breath. We entered a hole that opened by itself and closed behind us. As I entered the room I saw a human being woman! My heart dropped as I approached the enormous chair she was sitting on. After a long talk with her, I discovered that her name was Claudia Szetinova and she was the ruler off the planet which they called ironically Claudussia. She exclaimed that on earth the Russians had sent her on a secret trip in the early 1990’s that reached Andromeda in ten years after launch. Her body was put to sleep for the entire trip; therefore she did not need food or drink. She established Claudussia from an extremely poor planet whose creatures called yimenies were soon to die off. She was truly the savior of the entire planet and each and every yimenie worshiped her for this accomplishment. I felt disappointment in not being the first Human to reach Andromeda, but it was quickly cured by my new goal; to be the King to the Queen of this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment