Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Land of the Unusual by Ryan R.

Day 1:

Finally! We've reached the territory of the long awaited Land of the Unusual! We were delayed quite a bit due to a sickness within the travelling crew. When we arrived, we noticed that the natives of this newly established planet acted so kindly to one another. They were very giving people and they were very hospitable when we arrived. This was something none of us were used to due to such rude behaviors back on our homeland. However, is this how they truly act when strangers are not around. Are they the people who they come off to be? We plan to stay here for a couple of days in order to study the interaction of these "aliens". I am very excited to observe the architecture and landscapes of this new land. I feel as if this will be a very interesting journey because I have already noticed unusual behaviors and attitudes that differ from those of our homeland.

Day 2:

The indigenous people took us on a hike today after they prepared breakfast for our group. (Something that no one back home would ever do; this was quite intriguing. Are we playing into their trap?) When I ate the food that was prepared it tasted similar to an American breakfast, however the spices tasted peculiar. There was a special zest to the foods of the new planet.

The hike that we went on was beautiful, almost too beautiful. The land of these people is very mountainous and contains many canyons. The water that we spotted was a beautiful green- blue color. I cannot compare terrain at home to the newly founded lands that my group had been introduced to. It was almost unusual to see such beautiful lands since we are so used to heavily populated cities. I am still way too suspicious. Why are they treating us like royalty? Why are they going out of their way to make us happy? There's something wrong here...

Day 3:

Today, I decided to talk to the captain of our travelling crew. I had to talk to someone about my suspicions. He told me I was paranoid and foolish for thinking this way. Maybe he was right.. Was I just way too used to the harsh behaviors back home? Am I ignorant to the fact that there could actually be decent people in the world? I don't know, but I do know one thing... I do not have a good feeling about this place.

Day 4:

As I laid in my bed I thought to myself, "Still, there was no satisfaction within my mentality that would lead me to comfort." I still believed that these "aliens" were way too kind for my liking; they gave us everything we wanted. I arose from my cot to find my roommate missing. I figured that I just overslept, and everyone else had been already on their daily agenda planning. However, I caught myself pondering about how it was way too silent, way too quiet.. something must have happened! I stepped out of my tent to find nothing but isolation. Everyone had vanished.

No comments:

Post a Comment