Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Alone- Paul H. revised

I wake up, confused in an unfamiliar room. The ceiling is not visible and the floor feels sticky under my feet. There is a curtain on one side of the room. I walk over and pull off the curtain and immediately an intense light blinds me. Once my eyes adjust I looked out the window and see a huge city with strange architecture.
The buildings are strangely structured with odd curves that looked foreign. I can not tell where the light was coming until I looked up above all the buildings and see a huge star that looked closer than the sun ever used to. This is a different from any place I've seen on Earth. I assume this is a different planet. There are no streets below the buildings, as if the city is suspended in the sky. Unable to leave this room, I go back to sleep.
Darkness engulfed me as my eyes opened. The curtains were folded back over the window. A hint of light flows through a small opening through the curtains. I struggle to get to me feet on this sticky floor. I fumble around and make my way towards the window. As I reach out to grab the curtain, a shadow flows over the light. Pulling down the curtains, a horrid evil creature stares directly into my eyes on the other side of that window.
Its red eyes look right into mine. The disgusting, pale hairless body stuck to the window. The monster begins to flail its limbs around and pounding on the window. I see cracks in the window now, and before watching anymore of the madness, I turn around and run into the darkness.
I continue to run without looking back until I see a door. There is no door knob or handle anywhere on it. A horrific screech sounds off behind me towards the window. Out of fear I kick at the door, opening into the suspended city. I hear another scream behind me, and not waiting for what is coming towards me, I jump out of the doorway. Ready for a free fall, I stop in midair. I look around at the buildings. Suddenly they all turn to ash and disappear. I stand on nothing with nothing around me. The light of the sun fades and I am left alone, suspended in nowhere, alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment