Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Monster Island

6 June, 20??
It's been one full week since I escaped the holding cell in that mad laboratory, God knows how long I would have been there if Greg hadn't distracted Dr. Nutjob. I wish he had escaped with me but, alas, he fell victim to the doctor's experimental laser weapon. My new surroundings seem strange to me as I have no idea how long I have been in captivity. I will explore tomorrow and give a full report on my findings.

7 June, 20??
I spent much of the day exploring the area yesterday and it seems to me that I have arrived in a dark time; I encountered not a single human and the only sounds were those of the crows cawing. I came upon what appeared to be a military base of some kind, with infantry barracks, the rusted shells of tanks, spent ammunition, but not a trace of human life. I seem to have fallen into another planet, one that isn't the Earth I once knew.

15 June, 20??
I explored a wider berth in the past week and discovered that I am actually on an island, this island was once the research and development sector of a private security company. The idea of the project was to develop a new type of warrior, one that was neither man, nor machine. I have been unable to comprehend from the lab reports what this supposed creature is, but I know that if I encounter it on the island, I'm in for hell.

17 June, 20??
As I was climbing a tree on a ridge over the valley today I spotted the creature. It was at least seven feet tall with green, scaly skin, and a head the size of my torso; although it had 6 limbs it seemed to walk upright on only two of them. It was clear that the thing hadn't eaten in ages, he was upturning anything he came into contact with looking for food that wasn't there. I knew from the moment that I saw him that, given the chance, it would kill me in an instant. I must now make a choice- fight or flight.

18 June, 20??
I just heard a noise coming from the bushes nearby. I was awoken by a wailing sound that pierced through the jungle, and since then I have heard a heavy crashing of vegetation slowly getting louder and louder. I am writing this because I have not weapons, and if anyone should arrive on this accursed island, whether it be by fate or by choice, there is a documented proof of my life and survival. God knows what my family must think, I have no idea how long it has been. Wait, what's that s-..... (Journal ends with final words written in obvious haste and blood smeared on the pages).

No comments:

Post a Comment